Let's Encrypt certs capped due to lack of PSL entry

So I know Let’s Encrypt is a very popular SSL issue, and it is used by the new acme.sh client. Only issue is, it seems like Let’s Encrypt only allows 50 certificates per week per registered domain, unless it’s on the Public Suffix List, which obl.ong is not yet on.

The main limit is Certificates per Registered Domain (50 per week). A registered domain is, generally speaking, the part of the domain you purchased from your domain name registrar. For instance, in the name www.example.com , the registered domain is example.com . In new.blog.example.co.uk , the registered domain is example.co.uk . We use the Public Suffix List to calculate the registered domain. Exceeding the Certificates Per Registered Domain limit is reported with the error message too many certificates already issued , possibly with additional details.

- From the Let’s Encrypt website

I’ve pointed it out before, but I figured it would be good to keep a record of it here on the forums.

2 Likes

As you correctly pointed out, we can’t do anything about this unless we get added to the PSL

1 Like

Yes, I wanted to add it to the forum in case an error comes up and someone asks later.

2 Likes